Bench Everyday

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  zachhomolfitness 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Alex Peters
    Participant

Tomarrow I will finish bench everyday phase one… should I rest a week before doing phase 2? Also I had a question about rear delts/rotator cuff… what the best way I should be strenghting them because I can tell it’s what’s holding my bench back… appreciate any input

zachhomolfitness
    Keymaster

Hey brother! Nope, you are good to go right into phase 2!

We have a ton of rear delts in my programming now but, I suggest adding in some bent over back flys, face pulls, snatch grip elbows wide barbell rows!

Zach

K9Fit
    Participant

Are the “Normal Split” on the Bench Everyday Phases just our chest day benching routine? Also, what do you prefer for the close grip bench day for reps and sets? Am I focused more on going heavy everyday?

K9Fit
    Participant

Also, do the reps and sets stay the same on Normal Grip, Close Grip, and Floor Presses or do you recommend changing that up? I apologize for all of the questions!

zachhomolfitness
    Keymaster

Hey man! Here is an example of rep ranges for bench everyday. We are not shooting to tax the muscle rather working on “Greasing the groove” We are gettting ‘Heavy on sessions that states so in the programming other than on the days where I have a set percentage.

Rep/ Set Range Example:

135×3

225×2

315×1

365×1

405×1

K9Fit
    Participant

So you want me doing the rep range of 3,2,1,1,1 on normal grip, close grip, and even on floor close grip as well?

zachhomolfitness
    Keymaster

No.. Did you look at the programming yet man? It is laid our very transparently

K9Fit
    Participant

I guess I am lol. I’m just super confused for some dumb reason. I understand the days where I do 70% of 1RM, but for instance, on Fridays all it says is “Close Grip Floor Press” and I didn’t understand what reps and sets to follow. Apologize for my confusion lmao.

K9Fit
    Participant

Nevermind man, I got it.

K9Fit
    Participant

How many months can I bench everyday? LAST QUESTION, lol.

zachhomolfitness
    Keymaster

Hahah no problem man! Totally understand. This depends. How much are you benching right now and at what body weight?

This method is is used to teach the lifter how to bench. It will increase your bench as well, but most importantly you will learn to bench and become very comfortable under the bar.

K9Fit
    Participant

I am maxing at 285 Bench weighing 160. I used to bench 315 and trying to get back in my heavy lifting. I do competitions as well so I’ve been grinding like crazy the past month. I’m a gym manager and getting this gym constructed made all my gains leave me bc I was working so much. But no excuses lol.

zachhomolfitness
    Keymaster

Dude I can totally relate. My training took a big hit when I opened up IVB. you’ll be bouncing back bro!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.